The Calves program promotes football-based exercise and activity for younger children of all abilities, it doesn’t matter if you have never played before. The ages are used as a guide only and players can be moved between the phases depending on skill level and each child’s development level.
The program will enhance the opportunities for young children to receive quality, consistent coaching. In acquiring basic skills free of competition, participating children will not only learn correct technique but will likely develop a love of the “world game”.
- Make new friends and develop social skills.
- Develop values of teamwork, co-operation, fair play, and respect for others.
- Develop a child's ability to make quick decisions and improve reaction time.
- Keep healthy by getting active.
Calves U6 – U9 Program “MiniRoos Phase”
- All training and matches are at Sutton Park
- 26-week program
- 1 x 60min training session per week
- 18 x matches
- Same as the national playing format for MiniRoos