The Bulls Academy Program (BAP) is based on the Football Federation Australia’s (FFA) national curriculum Skill Acquisition Program (SAP).
The Bulls Academy Program is designed to perfect and accelerate the skill development of identified players between the critical ages of 8 to 16. This is the age group universally acknowledged to be the optimal mental and physical phase in which children can learn motor skills.
The Bulls Academy Program aims to provide the necessary technical ‘tools’ to be able to play the game at the highest possible level with a focus on functional game skills.
The different Programs are:
- Player Academy Program
- Calves Acadmey Program
- Girls Academy Program
- Goalkeeper Academy Program
What is the difference?
- Extra pre-season training
- Extra training session per week
- Teams will be nominated in a higher division
What is included?
- All coaches have minimum Skill Training Accreditation
- 30-week program
- 2 x session per week of SAP coaching
- Striking the ball / First touch / 1 v 1 / Running with the ball
- Skill driven training game to increase players game knowledge
How do I apply?
- Selection into an Academy Team is via trails or invitation.
- Via expression of interest (EOI)
- The players are invited by the Director of Calves during matches
- Ideally each player will attend at least one session per season
- This is available for any female who plays in a girls only team.
- This is by your coach’s nomination. Only one player per team.
How much does it cost?
The Bulls Academy Program (BAP) aims to keep costs low making it affordable for all players. Academy Programs can be expensive, just because our prices are lower does not mean the quality is any different.
What does the Acadmey Package Fee Cover?
The fee is required not just for the inclusions below but also gives the club an idea of player numbers which means the club will then purchase the required kits and equipment. If players withdraw after paying there is no refund possible as the club has now lost money. The kits will be allocated to registered and approved ICFC player the week before their first scheduled match.
- Gauranteed place in squad (if paid before deadline)
- Training Kit ($85)
- Match Kit ($85)
- Academy Levey (Extra training, better quality training balls and equipment etc)
Under 9 Acadmey
- Team 1 plays in Football Qld League, which is home and away matches.
- Team 2 plays in Calves League, which is all home matches.
- Team 1 trains Mon & Wed as a team
- Team 2 trains Mon as an Academy Team with a fully qualified experienced coach overseen by our Calves Director and Coaching Coordinator
- Team 2 trains Wed with the Calves Team
- These are in addition to normal fixtures and generally played during the holidays. Now that COVID is hopefully over, these will be run again this season.
- Team 1 & 2 will both go and play in these
- As we know kids can get sick, injured and other commitments
- If this happens Team 1 will ask to borrow players from Team 2 which means they may play on a Saturday in the Football Qld League
- Team 2 players will be spread over the U9/10 Calves teams so if they are needed to play there is less disruption to the Calves Team
- Team 2 players register via the club website
- Team 2 players pay the fee for Calves League
- The Academy part is complementary to selected players
It is recommended they purchase a Club Training Kit to wear at:
- Training on Mondays (Wednesday if possible also)
- If the players are all wearing the kit then it is easy when coaches split them for certain drills
- Football Qld League, then will change into the jersey the coach has
- Carnivals, then will change into the jersey the coach has