The Calves program promotes football-based exercise and activity for younger children of all abilities, it doesn’t matter if you have never played before. The ages are used as a guide only and players can be moved between the phases depending on skill level and each child’s development level.
The program will enhance the opportunities for young children to receive quality, consistent coaching. In acquiring basic skills free of competition, participating children will not only learn correct technique but will likely develop a love of the “world game”.
What has changed from 2022 Season?
Based on 2022 feedback as a parent you have the choice:
- Under 5 you can choose Calves Kick-Off or Calves
- Under 10 you can choose Calves (inhouse) or MiniRoos (community)
- FREE Registration fee thanks to our sponsor Higgins
- $50 FULL Match Kit (Jersey, Shorts, Socks) save over 40% thanks to our sponsor TCM
Why choose Calves League?
- No travel (easy for parents with multiple players)
- Reduced Fees
- Fully line marked fields (not cones)
- Club Referee provided for matches (parents can enjoy watching)
- Modified rules to enable player development
- For example: Throw-Ins introduced from U6 and Corner Kicks
- Coaches are on the field to guide, and hep players learn
What are the benefits?
- Make new friends and develop social skills.
- Develop values of teamwork, co-operation, fair play, and respect for others.
- Develop a child's ability to make quick decisions and improve reaction time.
- Keep healthy by getting active.
Calves U6 – U9 Program “MiniRoos Phase”
- All training and matches are at Sutton Park
- 26-week program
- 1 x 60min training session per week
- 18 x matches (15 matches with 3 x wet weather catchups)